15 Oct EB1-A Visa Application Process
Joorney EB1-A Visa Business Plans Service
C Visa Application Process
Extraordinary ability is a subcategory of the EB-1 Employment-Based Green Card. A small percentage of individuals who have risen to the very top of their field of endeavor qualify for extraordinary ability. The EB1A Visa applicant must be a leader in at least one of the listed areas:
The applicant’s achievements must be recognized in their field through the extensive documentation on national or international acclaim. National or international acclaims can be demonstrated by receipt of a major internationally recognized award such as a Nobel Prize or the Academy Award. No offer of employment is required, as EB1A Visa allows the applicant to ‘self-petition’, unlike the EB1-B and EB1-C Visas. However, the applicant must intend to continue working in the same field and be able to demonstrate how their expertise would benefit the U.S.
The applicant must meet 3 out of the 10 listed criteria, to prove extraordinary ability in their field:
• Evidence of receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
• Evidence of their membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
• Evidence of published material about them in professional or major trade publications or other major media
• Evidence that they have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
• Evidence of their original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
• Evidence of their authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
• Evidence that their work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
• Evidence of their performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
• Evidence that they command a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
• Evidence of their commercial successes in the performing arts
An EB1A petition also does not require Labor Certification. This saves the applicant’s time as obtaining labor certification is a time-consuming process. Another significant advantage of an EB1A Visas is that they are immediately available for all countries. Unlike other employment-based categories, the quota for EB1 class petitions generally is never met, therefore, a visa or change of status to EB1 can be obtained as soon as the petition is approved.
Once the applicant’s I-140 is approved and their priority date is current, they will need to submit their I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status in order to change their status to EB-1A. If the USCIS approves this application, they will officially be a legal permanent resident in the U.S.